This page explains the boot process of a server.
Thereafter are described the different states of a server boot.
While booting, your server will go through five different steps:
- Allocating node - Your start request has been received and our control plane is trying to locate an available node.
- Provisioning node - Our control plane is launching the tasks to start your server.
- Booting kernel - The kernel is booting, local volumes are downloaded in parallel.
- Kernel booted - The kernel is booted and the initramfs is trying to mount your root volume.
- Booted - Your server is ready and you can connect to it.
When you start a server, you can follow the current state of the boot.
Try this tutorial on your own C1 server TRY IT
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.scaleway.com/docs/boot-process-of-a-server/