NOOB Tutorial: Scaleway setup and system configuration

Please! anyone that has experience please add any info you deem required for “UNDERSTANDING” how the Scaleway system works. I am a noob coming from old school Linux, with no experience in this type of system. Worst thing is, I am not even sure what questions to ask & where to ask them.
My specific needs are as follows;
I created a server with Ubuntu 16.04 image here on a 50gb ??? disk, image, instance that this system labeled
EXPORT URIdevice://dev/vda
because I did not think this would be enough space I created another 150gb ??? disk, image, instance that this system labeled EXPORT URIdevice://dev/vdb.
Now when I open this up with webmin to examin them “disks” I see that it says there is no primary partition on either and it says that they are not formatted either;

Make and model: KVM VirtIO | Cylinders: 516096 | Partition format: MSDOS
This disk has no partitions yet.

Add primary partition.

Make and model: KVM VirtIO | Cylinders: 516096 | Partition format: MSDOS
This disk has no partitions yet.

Add primary partition.

Now this is indeed strange as I have used Putty and FileZilla to install additional software including a working Mediawiki and Maria DB for it. I can actually see and navigate the filesystem. But The 2nd disk, instance etc. is not mounted to any spot in the file system. On my Ubuntu 16.10 server in my office, I have additional disks (real drives) mo0unthed at boot up and use them as an extension of my file system. I can install applications there and run them from there. I do NOT use LVM, though I suppose I could. Just don,t understand it.
I need to be able to set up my system at scaleways like this, but I don,t know for sure how, and dont want to destroy the stuff I have working.
Please, any tips, advice or tutorial that I can study.

Hi John,

I guess seeing the date of your question, which is totally misplaced here, as the Tutorials category is for how-to tutorials for others to read and not for questions, but anyhow I would not advise you to use webmin for managing your disks on your instance for various reasons, but if you want to use it, take into concidertation:

The drives mounted by scaleway are Net Block Drives (NBD) and they are mounted according to your settings in the Scaleway - Control Panel. Basically you could mount your second drive to any other server running in your account.

In your case your boot drive is:

/dev/nbd0

and your additional drive is:

/dev/nbd1

But since this question should be moved, remember, only tutorials here, I shall leave a link to a real tutorial giving a bit more insight in how you attach a drive to an existing server, and how you can format it.