This was probably asked so many times, but none of the solutions I found on this forum addresses the issue for me.
Today I created a new VPS, and tried to run a web server on ports 80/443. The server works fine, I can reach it from the VPS itself on the loopback interface.
However I cannot reach it from the outer world.
Things I checked:
- security policies explicitly allow inbound 80/443 on both TCP and UDP (for QUIC), and default policy is “allow” (checked via Scaleway’s control panel)
- local firewall has no rule, and default policy is “allow” (checked with iptables)
- the http server is bound to ports 80/443 (checked with netstat/ss)
- no traffic is arriving on the interface ens2 from outside (checked with tcpdump/tshark)
- server hard-rebooted via Control panel after updating security polocies.
I am not sure what else to look at on my own. Can someone please help have a look?