I have been spending a few weeks with Scaleway and have run into a few ‘unique’ situations. I will be adding to this as a knowledge base that hopefully some others may find helpful. These are primarily in junction with Ubuntu 16.04 and using a C2L machine, but most of these will still apply. Note: These are the findings I have either come across here in other threads or through trial and error. I do not claim to be an expert sysadmin. I just want to share what works for me. Your mileage may vary.
Mounting C2L SSD Disk
The included SSD disk does not automatically show up in the machine.
- Create a filesystem on the disk.
mkfs -t ext4 /dev/sda1
- Find the UUID of the disk.
- Look for the /dev/sda1 UUID= copy the portion in “”
- Create your directory you want to mount to. In my example I will use /data.
- Open fstab with your favorite editor.
- Add the following line (remove < > in the example)
UUID=<UUID from step 3 goes here> /data ext4 defaults 0 2
- Your drive should now be appearing and usable. Enjoy!
Using the web console
The web console may not work by default in Ubuntu 16.04. You can type and type, and the console will not respond to text entered.
- Start the tty console for this session.
systemctl start getty@ttyS1.service
- Enable the tty to start on boot.
systemctl enable getty@ttyS1.service
More to come…