[ANSWERED] - Cannot use Scaleway, as none of my credit cards are accepted

I get the following error: Transaction declined by merchant and/or platform rules
Error code: 6004. Oops! It seems that the validation failed.

Would Scaleway consider changing the payment provider or adding PayPal? Scaleway has the worst payment processor of any of the cloud providers I’m dealing with: DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, Packet etc. and many other internet companies such as Apple and Google have no problem recognizing my credit cards. I tried to activate a different account six months ago and Scaleway told me my country is not supported. The attitude from previous customer service replies seemed to indicate, that Scaleway is not interested in supporting new customers…

Now I’m registering this account with my German Credit Card and office address, and it still does not work! The card is a regular MasterCard credit card issued by Fidor Bank, with a German bank account and address: https://www.fidor.de/personal-banking/card

The security settings of my Fidor credit card need to authorize/activate the country of the recipient first. What country is the payment processor is identified with?

Hello,

Can you please contact our technical assistance team by ticket, so they can check with our payment processor why your card has been refused: https://cloud.scaleway.com/#/tickets

Benedikt

I already opened a ticket, but it still is not working. No details have been provided by your customer service, on why the card was refused. The error message is totally unhelpful. The German Credit Card should certainly work!

Why is Scaleway tied up with such a troublesome payment provider? Would Scaleway consider changing the payment provider or adding PayPal?

Do you still block the Philippines?

I also face the issue:

Error code: 6004.
Oops! It seems that the validation failed.

It’s an EU 3d master card, received a few weeks ago. But cannot add as payment method.

Opened a ticket and got the “info” “I cannot register this card”, but no actual info on why. Been a customer for years. Please advise!

Hello,

Could you open a ticket so we can solve your problem? We need to access to your account.

Best regards

Rémy