Scaleway code of conduct
In the Scaleway community, Cloud Rider from all over the world come together to discuss their cloud experiences. A community’s code of conduct should reflect its people, values, and processes. The purpose of the Scaleway Community Code of Conduct is to ensure that all Cloud Riders feel free to interact in a positive and inspiring atmosphere. Please remember that the Scaleway staff is here to advise you on technical topics, but not to address any specific issues directly. For that, we have a dedicated customer success team ready to help.
When signing up for the community, you agree to behave with decency and respect, with consideration for us and other users as per the following:
Our Core Values
This Code of Conduct highlights our core values and the “common sense” approach that our community upholds. To join in and become a Cloud Rider you must…
- Be respectful and welcoming: Act with integrity and be open-minded to every contribution. Our community is one that welcomes and supports people of all backgrounds and identities - no exceptions. It’s important to remember that a productive community is one where people feel comfortable and safe to express their ideas. While it’s natural to experience frustration from time to time, we won’t let negative attitudes or interactions affect our fellow community members.
- Be friendly and collaborative: Whether discussing ideas or points of view. We are all here to help each other learn, improve our skillsets and have a good time!
- Be passionate and curious: Inspire and be inspired. You have a chance to make a difference. Use the community to explore new technologies and develop your expertise, (or acquire a new one!)
- Be patient and communicative: The community relies on people who volunteer their time so replies to your questions may not be immediate. We’re also an international community, which means that we don’t all speak the same language and when exchanging in english, we don’t have the same level of language expertise. To avoid misunderstandings, communicate clearly and be straightforward with any questions. Keep in mind that words and expressions may be interpreted differently by others, given everyone’s varied backgrounds.
Scaleway’s golden rules:
- Ask for help: Nobody expects you to be perfect. Asking questions early avoids problems later - questions are encouraged! They may be directed to the appropriate forum, where you’ll be able to find the help you need. If you are asked a question, we expect you to be helpful and responsive.
- Bring your knowledge: Help grow the community into a solid base resource for all
Behave ethically: Be respectful to the other Cloud Riders and Scaleway staff
Accept constructive criticism: don’t take suggestions and corrections personally. Be open to opposing points of view and engage in a productive dialogue. We’re all here to help each other.
Reward others: Say thank you to any helpful or enlightening posts (<3 button)
Keep the community clean: Flag any inappropriate behavior and content so we can see it and take care of it accordingly.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. Don’t post personal information about yourself in the community. If you have a question that requires personal identification: use a support ticket for that or DM a Scaleway Team Member! We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws furthermore. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS. Just remember that, we take the high road:
- Using the community as a place to harass, abuse, troll or impersonate a fellow cloud rider is unacceptable.
- Using of vulgar, obscene, inflammatory or hostile language won’t be tolerated.
- Posting or sharing any content that isn’t your own in the community will be reported.
- We don’t accept any discussions of illegal activities within the community
- Advertising for other services in the community or using the community to phish or collect other people’s information without their consent isn’t allowed. This community is a place for Scaleway Cloud Riders.
Report any kind of inappropriate behavior:
You need to remember that actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Don’t forget that repeated violations of the code of conduct may lead to a permanent ban from the community.
Even though we will actively moderate the Community, you may see objectionable content before we do. Help us take down the most inappropriate ones by informing the Scaleway team.
Moderators and admins are human too:
While it may be hard to believe, we are in fact humans too. We’re also members of this community and we do the best we can to answer your requests and guide the community.
These community guidelines are really important to us - they are the pillars that define and connect us all as a community and we will encourage and enforce them as our community continues to grow.
If you have any questions please contact us on this platform or by opening a ticket.
Happy cloud riding!